The C.H. Robinson Midwest Headquarters at 1515 West Webster Avenue is the first development to be completed on the former site of Chicago's historic Finkl steel mill, located at the edge of the Lincoln Park neighborhood. The building houses the Midwest headquarters of the transportation logistics company, bringing more than 1,000 employees to the neighborhood.
The design accommodates open, flexible workspaces across four stories. A central atrium spans the height of the building, infusing the interiors with daylight, while a two-story staircase leads to a seating area that provides a casual gathering space for visitors and staff. 1515 West Webster also includes above and below-grade bicycle and vehicle parking.
The building is positioned at the intersection of several transit and bicycle routes, where one of the city’s vital east-west corridors meets the North Branch of the Chicago River. Here, wetlands and natural vegetation have been restored, and a new path at the corner of Dominick Street and Webster Avenue provides access to the riverfront, supporting the city’s ongoing rediscovery and reinvigoration of the river.